September 29-30, 2018
Jackson Ave. in downtown Topeka
Join us to celebrate all things bicycle, from fun races for kids ages 5-10, live demos from professional BMX stunt riders, a rideable pump track, safety training for kids, and more!
It’s a big weekend in Topeka, because all day on Saturday, September 29th is Topeka’s Chocolate Festival. That same night, we’ll host the Glow Ride, and then Sunday morning is the start of the Great Topeka Bike Fest.
Check out the schedule:
Saturday, September 29th: Glow Ride 2018
- 7:00 pm Glow Ride registration opens at Kansas Capitol North Steps
- 7:45 pm Group Safety Check
- 8:00 pm Glow Ride starts
- 9:00 pm: Afterglow starts
Glow Ride afterparty on the rooftop of the Crosby Parking Garage
Sunday, September 30th: Great Topeka Bike Fest
- 9:00 am Registration opens for Youth Races
- 9:00 am Kid-friendly activities hosted by TSCPL at Better Block
- 9:30 am Blessing of the Bikes, at the Registration Tent 9th & Jackson
- 10:00 am Youth Races Start
- 10:00 am Billard Brunch excursion ride leaves from registration tent
- 10:00 am Pump Track opens for all riders
- 11:30 am Acoustro concert at Better Block
- 12:30 pm NoWear BMX Live Show #1
- 1:00 pm Shunga Shuffle excursion ride leaves from registration tent
- 2:00 pm Kid-friendly activites hosted by KCDC at Better Block
- 2:30 pm NoWear BMX Live Show #2
- 4:00 pm Event closes
- 5:00 pm Happy Hour ride starts
- 6:00 pm Afterparty at Burger Stand starts
- 7:00 pm Oceanside Hotels band starts at Burger Stand
Our two main features are the Glow Ride and the Youth Races:
Glow Ride 2018: Register here!
Youth Races: Register here!
We’re also hosting some pretty cool stuff for the whole family:
- Kids’ Bike Rodeo by Safe Kids Shawnee County
- NoWear BMX Shows and Demos on ramps in front of the Capitol, sponsored by our local Heartland BMX
- Rideable Pump Track by Progressive Ramps, sponsored by Shawnee County Parks & Recreation, and Pedego Electric Bikes Topeka
- Better Block popup demo by Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas, Topeka Landscape, and the City of Topeka, along 8th Street north of the Capitol
- Youth Races are being led by Kaw Valley Bicycle Club
- Glow Ride is sponsored by Topeka Community Cycle Project and Stormont-Vail Health
Press, volunteers, sponsors:
- Vendors: Apply here to be part of the event.
- Media Kit: Visit this page for logos, posters, and more.
- Sponsors: Use our Paypal form to support the event. Donations (to Topeka Metro) are tax-deductible.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Volunteers: Please sign up here.
A heart-felt thank you to our sponsors and partners:
You must be logged in to post a comment.